Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Like Maya Says, "When You Know Better, You Do Better"

Recently, I spoke to a group of business women about moving obstacles (fear, nerves, inexperience) that are keeping them from being better speakers. I ended that talk with a quote from poet and teacher Maya Angelou. She told Oprah Winfrey, “When you know better, you do better.” That simple idea is the inspiration for my company’s name, Better Speaking Skills.

I created this company so I can help people speak better, think better and perform better on stage and in life. I am passionate about two things, education and empowerment, and I truly believe that better communication can make the world a better place.

Better communication leads to better understanding and that moves us one step closer to solving our problems. If your problem is fear of talking to a group of people, better training can help. If your stage delivery is dull, boring and stiff, speaker coaching can help. If you want to become a more dynamic speaker, you need to learn better presentation skills.

After spending 28 years behind the scenes as a writer and editor, I decided to turn my retirement years into a quest for personal and professional fulfillment as a speaker and public speaking coach. Yes, I have a little ham in me. I love to be on stage. But I love to teach and help people become better communicators and leaders.

My mission is simple. I seek to empower, inspire and educate my clients so they stand tall and speak with poise, power and passion. When you know better, you do better…on stage and in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment